Thursday, August 25, 2011

Caravaggio and cats

Tonight I went to an exhibition at the National Gallery entitled Caravaggio and his followers. Which I felt should have been called Caravaggio and his followers. But that is neither here nor there. Regardless, I did get to see at least some of Caravaggios paintings, and thoroughly enjoyed them (along with those of his followers). What really struck me is his amazing use of chiaroscuro (contrast between lights and darks) that make his paintings really intense and breathtaking, particularly in person. 

Here is one of the paintings at the gallery this evening, Martha and Mary Magdalene.


Also, today 10K (the cat) returned to us! My roommate who was allergic moved out, so she is now in the house meowing and sniffing about to see what's on the go. I hope she settles soon and comes and snuggles in my bed with me like oldtimes.

Meanwhile, no art has yet been made as I am still adjusting after two weeks of working hell. And tomorrow after my regular job I have to go to the banquet hall, then I have to work a wedding there on Saturday. Sunday is my first day off since the 7th (the day after the wedding) so I plan on doing some mad relaxation/artmaking. I will post anything that comes of it!

Lenore <3

1 comment:

  1. Love pretty much all Caravaggio's work, I have only seen 2 in person though. You sound hectic, pleased to see pussy back :) I have been cleaning my artdesk (truthfully could not have even fit an aceo on there to do (not sure when it became something to stack EVERYTHING on LOL) anyway was no room what so ever, hope to do some art making on the weekend too now ;) Look forward to seeing how you go :)

    ReplyDelete