Sunday, December 4, 2011

Any mummers, nice mummers 'lowed in?

Alriiiiight! Finally got the new beautiful scanner my brother gave me for my birthday up and running. It is a HP Scanjet G31100. I love it when I own things of value in my life instead of just the crappiest version of everything. And all of those things are either shit my brother handed down or bought for me, hahaha. Loves him dearly.

Alright so here's a painting I do believe I posted before but here's a nice scan of it. Keeping with the lighter theme. It's a watercolor, it was a quick throw together. The imagery of lighters has been haunting me for fricken years.

I also really friggen miss the ocean. But anyways.

I also scanned some comics, I am going to buy a domain and host and get an artist website up and running soon, including a webcomic portion. So here is a random comic, please tell me what you think! Both about the art and the humor.

And last but not least, I was teaching my pal Brad about some Newfie traditions last night. And I guess growing up with it all you take for granted that not everyone knows about our traditions and food.

There is a Newfoundland Christmas tradition where people used to dress up in rags and put underwear on their heads and mitts on their feet and stuff with their faces covered and show up to other peoples houses and knock on the door and come in and get loaded and dance and stuff. And they'd never show their identity but sometimes it'd be people from your neighborhood or friends. Anyways in the spirit of getting ready for Christmas PLEASE listen to the Mummer's Song.


<3 Lenore

5 comments:

  1. nice post! Well, the comic does have some truth to it! Thanks for sharing some of your traditions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This mummers tradition sounds hilarious! Was it just one night a year? The whole Christmas season?
    I'd love to hear more about Newfie traditions.
    And the comic is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahaha i love that comic. i love all your comics! especially it's a very lorapope Christmas, which will soon be broken out again as a christmas ornament. miss you!

    ReplyDelete