Friday, May 20, 2011

May two-four

So I have not been making as many blog posts as I'd like. The reason is because my head is so totally all over the place what I post one hour might be 100% different than what I feel an hour later.

Right now I'm figuring what to do with my life. As of right now I'm working at a restaurant living in a random house in a city where I know no one and my sublet is up in August. I'm barely making rent. I have no ties to anywhere.

So I have been on a quest to figure out where I go from here. I am either going to do Graphic Design, do a Masters in Visual Arts (so I can network in uni and possibly become a professor even) or try to get a job harder (not going to happen I feel) or just move and try to find a job somewhere else. Or go home. Or hitchhike around Canada til I starve to death?

If I do do a masters the application date for September is long gone so it'll be well over a year until I can start. If I do that what do I do? Go home and party? Stay here for a year? Ahhhh.

But, on a positive note, my lovely friend Sarahsmmm got a job for September! A real job. I am so excited and proud of her. She worked hard to get where she is, and I know she's been as horrified of this future stuff as I have. Also it gives me some hope for my own future haha.

In the meantime I am going to try and make light of every opportunity I can. I have purchased supplies (that I cannot afford) for the weekend. This includes:

My first sundress of the summer!!! Only $15.
And
A 15-pack of Alexander Keiths. As close to Newfie beer as I'm going to get here.

Tonight my roommate is having a BBQ here for his girlfriend. Armed with these things I am hoping to make some friends? Fingers crossed.

5 comments:

  1. I hope you have a great time at the barbecue and make some friends as it will make such a difference for you.
    Hard decisions for you to make, but poverty is not a great state to be in. Wishing you loads and loads of luck, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second what Annette said! good luck Lenore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, my future is not certain yet! No ones is, sadly. You'll figure it all out, in the mean time - enjoy that beer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its so strange hearing of 15-packs of Keith's, especially in bottles like that! The mainland seems so alien (but its secretly us that are the weird ones). That dress is beautiful, by the waY! There is nothing like a sundress to get yourself in a sunny mood :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck! I'm sure you will find your way. Life has a funny way of self-correcting if we strive for continued growth as a person!

    ReplyDelete